Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stitch Fix #3 and 4

After two hugely successful Stitch Fix boxes, #3 was not all that great.  I did not love anything I got in this box, like I did in the others.  Here's what was in it.

Blue Shirt: The top of this was really cute, and I sort of liked the shape of it....except that with low-rise pants (aka everything I wear), it would show a little hint of midrift.  Even if you like that style, it was a weird amount, where it looked unintentional.  Not a cute look:



Coral shirt: A similar shape as the blue shirt, and I really like the detail lace in the back, but the way it hung on me was not very flattering.  Another no.



 Maxi dress: I wanted to like this.  I have one maxi dress now, and love how easy it is to throw on and look respectable.  This one cut me weird at the waist though, and I did not like the black and white pattern enough to make that ok.



Cropped jeans: Another fit issue -- these were short enough that I couldn't pull them off as jeans and long enough where it didn't look intentional.  I really did not need another pair of jeans, especially that looked like high waters



Finally, the one piece I did keep, a delicate necklace.  I liked how simple it was:

All in all, not a great box, particularly in the fit department.  For box four, I decided to be a little more proactive and ask for a few things.  I said I needed some sheath dresses for work (a sheath dress and a blazer is basically my uniform for work) and some fall items. Notice I actually kept the price list this box so I could tell you where these are from and how much they cost.  Another thing to note this box is that I am trying to keep to a budget now of $160 in clothing each month, so I am more price-sensitive than the last three shipments. Here's what I got in Box #4:

19 Cooper: Bethany Lace Bib Half-Button Blouse - $68.  I could probably use a white blouse, but something about the bib shape was a little too weird for me.  I liked the back of the shirt but I wish that the front had been a simpler.





Ecru: Christen Bootcut Trouser - $138.  These were cute, but a little tight in the thighs, and I do not want to pay $138 for something that doesn't fit me perfectly. 


 Skies are Blue: Maura Mixed Stripe Crew Neck Sweater - $58.  This is super comfortable.  The second I put this on, I knew it was a winner.  I need some sweaters for fall and this is perfect.  I like that the sleeves are nice and long too, even though it's an extra small.


41Hawthorn: Muriel Cowl Neck Sheath Dress -- $78.  I was unsure about this dress at first because the cowl neck is pretty intense.  But I like the color blocks and after a second, I got used to the neck.  I think I will keep this one too.







Finally, Donna Morgan: Jett Mixed Houndstooth Sheath Dress - $108.  I wanted to like this dress! I love houndstooth and it fits really well.  I just think the mixed patterns make it too busy, particularly for over a hundred dollars.  I think I will send this one back.



As a reminder, if you want to sign up for stitch fix, you can go here (as a bonus, I get a referral credit!).

What do you think of these last two boxes? What have you loved in your shipments?

No comments:

Post a Comment