Monday, March 11, 2013

Another Apology

Anybody out there? If so, I've let you down again, so I'm on apology #23498 for not writing more often.  I'm now on Spring Break so I'm going to crank out a few million (or just a few, depending) posts and then try to post once a week from there.

Today, I will discuss the rest of the Europe trip, in summary since my memory is fading (the whole point of the posting on the blog...fail). Pictures will come in the next post.

Munich: Not my favorite of the cities I've visited, but still had some beautiful sights.  This was right around Thanksgiving so the city was full of mostly-American tourists. Pushing through masses of people is not exactly my cup of tea. Past that though, I liked the exhibits we saw.  We did a bus tour (as always), walked around the still-closed Christmas markets, then once my family left, I visited two museums.  I wouldn't say they were must-sees, but the city is pretty essential to see something of if you're planning a Germany visit.

Cologne/Bonn: the girl from whom I was renting's mom invited me down to their house near Cologne.  Her generosity was amazing and the city was too.  It was cold and a bit rainy, but we had some clear skies beneath which to tour around.  She took me all around Cologne, especially the Christmas markets (these are truly the best thing about Germany/Europe).  The next day, she drove me to Bonn and gave me the insider's tour of the former capital.  I would definitely recommend a visit to Cologne, and if possible, Bonn.

Rest of the trip: Since this was the end of the second session, I spent way too much time (for being abroad that is) studying and writing during this time.  I had five exams in six days and wrote a paper for my business of law firms class on using social media for personal branding as a lawyer.  I also wrote three articles for Girls Gone International, a new magazine/website.  The first one has been published, you can read it here.  The trip back was not exactly pleasant, as expected for a 4 am departure from Germany and a 7 pm arrival in the states, but I made it home in time for Christmas with the family.



No comments:

Post a Comment