Monday, September 12, 2011

QT in the QC

This post will be significantly shorter than the last one (/three).  Today was my interview with redacted firm name in Charlotte.  This banking firm has just this year reinstated their summer program at the Charlotte office and are looking to hire 2-4 2Ls.  They are a purely transactional office, so my previous litigation experience (which is limited either way) could not help me.  I think I would need a major crash course in finance if I got the job, but it would be an interesting experience for sure.

We ate lunch at a new (?) sushi restaurant in the Epicenter, which reminded me of previous bowl game outings.  This callback was the first time that I truly had some understanding of the landscape of the town (even more so than Philly, although I am gaining that slowly) since we visit my aunt and uncle there every year and take the kids to discovery place, a science museum near the firm. After lunch, my mom drove down to visit and we mostly played around southpoint.  We hit up Barnes N Noble, where she was nice enough to let me nap for a few minutes in the comfy chairs. Apparently the naps on the airplane down and the cab to the firm weren't sufficient to make up for my 5 am wake-up call! Then we ate dinner at Firebirds before she drove me to the airport.  A definite plus of NC firms: getting to see my family more often. Apparently Mary Victoria was quite disappointed that she didn't get to make the trip with mom!

Since I knew the city too well to really be a tourist, I didn't take any pictures this trip.  In lieu of that, and in honor of MV's absence, here's what dad calls "the best dive of the year"

No comments:

Post a Comment