Sunday, October 2, 2011

San Diego - Day One

Since I apparently had not missed enough class from callbacks, I decided I wanted to go to San Diego for a sports law negotiation competition the weekend after my last two callbacks.  As vice-president of the Virginia Sports Law Society, I am in charge of finding sports law-related events and signing people up to go on them.  After a slightly chaotic preparation process, a fellow 2L and I headed off to CA.

Neither of us had done such a competition, or been involved in really any kind of negotiation, nor did we have much time to prep, but at the very least I figured it would be a good experience in a beautiful city.  After a long flight from Atlanta (I wrote the last post on that plane, thanks to the wonders of modern technology allowing in-flight wifi), we landed in San Diego and went straight to the suite that the host school, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, had provided at the Padres-Dodgers game.  This was exciting, not only because I enjoy baseball, but also since the Padres have a player from my hometown in Cam Maybin and the Dodgers have a former Tar Heel in Fed Ex (whose actual name I will not attempt to spell).

During the game we even met the Padres owner, who came into our suite to say hello!  I, however, had forgotten that San Diego tends to cool down significantly at night and my teammate doesn't like baseball (inconceivable!) so we did not stay for the whole game.  Pictures:


Fed Ex

Cam Maybin


Padres owner

No comments:

Post a Comment